Students who wish to pursue BSc degree in nursing course have career opportunities in reputed hospitals of the country in both private and public sectors and abroad. They qualify themselves for the post of Staff Nurse and with Specialist in subjects like ICCU Nursing, ICU Nursing, OT Nursing, Neurology nursing etc. On completion of the Nursing Course, He / She is become a Registered Nurse & Registered Midwives. The main task of a nurse is to deliver the nursing care with scientific background. The Nurses have professional prospectus of rising to higher positions in the field of Nursing service, education, administration and research with commensurate attractive compensated packages. Higher academic qualification after Degree Programme will include M.Sc Nursing, M.Phill Nursing and Ph.D Nursing.
Admission to Professional degree of B.Sc (Nursing) usually takes place once in a year; it starts immediately after declaration of +2 results and admission shall be completed before 31st of October every year. The students shall seek admission to B.Sc (Nursing ) in Kerala under three category based on their meritorious.
B.Sc (Nursing) – Government Quota
The Centralized Allotment Process for Government Seats in Self Financing Colleges for which the allotment is made by the Director, LBS Centre for Science & Technology will be done through a Single Window System (SWS). The allotment to B.Sc. Nursing will be done by the Director, LBS Centre. The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised by the candidate, the rank lists prepared by Director LBS Centre, eligible reservation(s) of the candidate and availability of seats. Candidates are advised to visit the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in and keep a constant watch on the leading print and electronic media pertaining to notifications/instructions regarding allotment.
Candidates need report for admission before the Principal/Head of the institution concerned only when the announcement regarding the same is made by the Director LBS Centre. He/she should report with the originals of the following documents:
(i) Candidate’s Printout of the Application Form.
(ii) Allotment Memo received online.
(iii) Receipt of Tuition fee remitted through Allotment.
(iv) Certificate to prove date of birth.
(v) Transfer Certificate (TC) and Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended.
(vi) Original Mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass Certificate (if applicable)/Mark lists of all parts of B.Sc. Degree examination and Degree Certificate (if applicable).
(vii) Eligibility Certificate from any University in Kerala, in case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE/ICSE/ISC and/or Degree from Other Universities or Boards.
(viii) Migration Certificate, if applicable. (x) Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format obtained from a Medical Practitioner not below the Rank of Asst. Surgeon given in Annexure V(e) of the Prospectus, 2018.
(ix) Certificate showing that the candidate has got himself/herself vaccinated against Hepatitis B. (xii) Undertaking as per Clause 14.2 vide Annexure VII.
(x) Any other document(s) required to be produced by the Head of Institution.
Fees other than the one already paid vide Clause 9.5.1, as applicable to the course/institution, will have to be remitted by the candidate at the time of taking admission in the college.
B.Sc (Nursing) – Management Quota
● The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission (As per University Norms)
● The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of: Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course), Or Senior School Certificate Examination(10+2), Pre-Degree Examination (10+2), Or an equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum of 50% aggregate marks. (as per Indian Nursing Council -lNC norms)
● Candidate shall be medically fit.
Mode of Admission 50% of total seats will be filled up by the government from the list prepared in accordance with merit and reservation principles followed by government of Kerala from time to time. 35% of the total seats will be filled from eligible candidate by Management Association in accordance with merit in the qualifying examinations. The remaining 15% of seats may be filled up from eligible students who are children or dependants of Non Resident Indians (NRI)
Issue of the application form: - Application for admission to course B.Sc. Nursing course can be registered only online through a single application. The provision for applying online is available at the website of Private Nursing College Management Association , Kerala (www.pncmak.org) Submission of more than one application by a candidate will lead to rejection of the candidature.
Application Fee The application fee will be Rs.600/- for all candidates, payable through online by using Credit/Debit/Internet Banking facility. Application submission will be completed only after successful payment of Application fee through online
Submission of application form: - There will be three stages for the submission of Application form and all stages are mandatory. Candidates shall complete all the stages of submission as per the time schedule which will be notified through the website/media
● Entering candidate details online and creating a login id and password.
● Online Payment of Application fee using Credit/Debit/Internet Banking facility.
● Completion of Application submission with College 10 options. No need to send any printout of the data to any office.
● Candidate shall visit the official website (www.pncmak.org) and click the menu “Admission -> Online Application”.
● The personal details of the candidate have to be filled in the page thus obtained and saved.
● Candidate are requested to create a login id and Password for future references.
● Click ‘SAVE’ Button, Candidate will be guided to Payment Screen. Application fee can be paid by Debit/Credit/Internet Banking facility.
● On successful payment of Application fee Candidate will be guided to Next Page, Upload the Photo of the candidate (in JPEG format up to 30 KB size).
● Submit your 10 preferred college as your option and Click Save and Final Confirmation.
B.Sc (Nursing) – NRI Quota
Fifteen percentages of seats are filled up under NRI quota. The Tuition fee payable by the NRI/NRI sponsored candidates will be of Rs.95,000/- per year per student. As per the order no AFRC50/18/B.Sc(N)/P.B.B.SC(N)/M.SC(N) dated 20.04.2018. Other fees are as applicable with Management Quota. An applicant, who depends upon his/her father/ Mother/ Brother/ Sister/ Husband/ Wife/ Brothers and Sisters (inclusive of First Cousins) of Father or Mother/ Half Brother/ Half Sister/ Adopted father or Adopted Mother working abroad are eligible to sponsor the NRI candidates.
The following documents are produced for claiming NRI admission,
1. Relationship certificate obtained from the Village Officer
2. Documents to prove willingness of the sponsor and his/her relationship with candidate.
3. Copy of passport of sponsor attested by Gazetted officer.
4. Employment certificate of the sponsor attested by the Embassy.
Directly contact Office of the College for NRI admissions.
Documents to be produced at the time of Admission
The candidate shall produce the following certificates at the time of admission in original.
● Certificate to prove date of birth
● Transfer certificate from institution last attended & Conduct certificate.
● Mark list of qualifying examination (higher Secondary or equivalent) and the pass certificate (if applicable).
● Eligibility certificate from any university in Kerala, in case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than higher secondary examination/ vocational higher secondary examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE / ICSE or Degree from other universities or boards.
● Migration certificates if applicable
GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
Lourde School of Nursing is Approved by government of Kerala and affiliated to Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. The school was established in 2001 with an aim to impart right education to the candidates who aspire to be the part of nursing profession in India and abroad. For the last 18 years, hundreds of aspirants have successfully obtained their Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery and settled their lives fruitfully in and out of their homeland.
DURATION : 3 Years
ELIGIBILITY : 10 +2 with 40% marks in any stream
COURSE DETAILS: The GNM programme is designed for beginning level positions in the community and institutional nursing services. The students are prepared to take up the responsibility as health team members in the health care delivery system.
Phone : 0460 2220693
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND US ON
Lourde College of Nursing
Vellikkeel Road Junction, P.O Ariyil, (via) Pattuvam, Taliparamba, Kannur-670143
design by Host On Pdl© 2018 Lourde College of Nursing. All rights reserved.